Monday, September 21, 2009

House pictures!

The long awaited pictures! Now the house isnt really decorated yet, and we are still working on finding places for things, but here are few pics for your pleasure :)

First, the big screen is in front of the fireplace-- we've decided not to use the fireplace. we will instead be painting the inside and placing a really cool tealight holder in it for some ambiance.
Please notice he fabulous wood floors uncovered-- later on, you will see the green carpet that covered it for the past 30+ years...


The entry. you can't tell, but I did a faux finish on the wall directly to the right of the entry and the separating wall from the living to the kitchen. It looks really neat.



Our HUGE picture window in the living room.


And here we have Levi blow drying the patch in the wall....notice the horrible carpet....


Here, you can see the fax finish in teh bedroom. Its not as good as whats in the living room, but thats because it was my first try.

Jael, I hope you are happy. I'll take more when I finish painting the kitchen (or when Levi's family helps me finish! They power-housed the rest of the place :)

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

i love love love it! you have been waiting for this day for a long time lynley. and it is so nice to see a few familiar decorations from the knock up! those pictures made my day.

and the faux finishing? fabulous.

wizzity said...

I cannot even smell the old man anymore. It is looking great.

Jael said...

I LOVE IT!!! Oh my dole I am so jealous of your house. I'm so glad you posted pictures. And Paul wants to know why Levi is blow drying the wall.

Lindsay Carrick said...

Gorgeous! Love everything you did. I bet it feels great to be settled in!

Whitney said...

It looks good. I hope your having fun doing it. I know I got sick of our house real fast.

Miss B said...

Yay! I am so happy for you guys...finally getting your house. Woot woot!

Hali said...

Ooh-La-La. Me like!!! Looking so good :-)

Brittany said...

It looks so good. I wish you were closer so we could hang out. Miss you!