Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thankful 6 & 7

6) Freedom. Levi, Miss Bacon and I sat around enjoying some delicious pastries last night whilst we watched the election coverage. I ignored my homework. I didn't do laundry. It was fantastic. Our political views lean a bit further left than the bulk of Utah, and we smiled at the results. But that's not really my point. My point is that we can have a black man and a white man run for the same office. We can discuss Mormons, Muslims, Catholics, Atheists and every other belief system anywhere we want. We can be outright angry if we want to be about anything we want to be. We can work where we want. We can get the education we want. We have freedoms protected by the Constitution of the United States. I'm so grateful to be free. And, because I am slightly smug, here is a picture of Obamarama. They said that while we were watching the PBS coverage last night. We laughed. Moving onto things people won't be mad at....


7) Friends. As I was getting ready for bed last night, Jacey called me up to chat about the latest stuff happening in her life. When I hung up, I couldn't help but be grateful for her friendship. She makes an effort to keep in touch, which is more than I can say for myself (about anyone...I'm TERRIBLE at keeping in contact with people). It's nice to get her perspective on things because she has known me for so long. And I'm willing to extend this gratitude of mine to other people whom I get to call "friend." High school friends, college friends, work friends, and now graduate school friends. They have all meant so much to me. I don't get to say that I have a lot of friends. I've sort of always been that person who had one or two close friends at a time. Part of that is my insane personality. Part of it is my insecurity. Part of it....eh, who knows. Many of those great people are out adventuring--Florida, California, Idaho, Minnesota...you name it. I just want all those I have ever considered a friend to know that I love you. I'm grateful for the impact, big or small, you have had in my life.Look, there is Rachael (RAHOOL) and I about to head out to the club in Florida, and then me and all the other little versions of friends when we won softball. Yay friends!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

You school nerds are welcome to come adventure out here in Cali with me anytime! I have to say I'm thankful for November and all the fun posts you put up!

Hali said...

I am thankful for your thankful posts on this here blog.

AND...

I'm thankful I get to call you friend :-).

Kristin said...

So, just letting you know you're thankful posts are slacking! Really I just like reading things you write!