Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Graduation, Anniversary, Birthday

What really STINKS is that I have zero pictures of these events. No, I'm not a bad wife and ignored my husband on his graduation day...my camera died when we got to the arena. Stupid thing. But, here is what has gone on-

Levi graduated. He looked so great all dressed up. My in-laws have a picture of him looking off into the distance with his diploma cover, and it cracks me up, so just picture that for this section, mmk?

Next, our ANNIVERSARY was on June 7th, so Levi and I splurged and stayed a night at the Anniversary Inn in the MYSTERIES OF EGYPT room, which was so much fun. We also had an impressive dinner at Bambara's in Hotel Monico in SLC. Holy Crap. It was amazing. Tuna tartare, mussels, hummus and bread, halibut on a crab and potato hash, chicken picatta, espresso ice cream and an apple-cranberry pandowdy......I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO FULL IN MY LIFE. I ate five courses people. Sadly, it was so darn expensive that it is a once every few years experience. Here is one of our pics from last year....love you lots, Levi!


Finally, my birthday. Its today, actually. I'm 23. Thats old. What am I doing for my birthday, you ask? Homework. Then I work at 4. No, this isnt bad at all. Its life. I actually LOVE waiting tables on my birthday because I make sure to tell my tables and then they tip better. Seriously. For the past 8 years this has worked like a charm....kinda odd that I have waited tables that long, but eh...what do ya do? So, thats what has been happening.

Oh, and FYI: we are still looking for houses. Utah is ridiculous. No one has brought down their house price.

NOTE TO PEOPLE WHO MAY RUN ACROSS MY BLOG: your house is not worth what you have it listed as. times have changed.

At this rate, we will be renting, which is stupid because it will cost us close to what a mortgage would be. Also, I have yet to find a job. I'm (gasp!) trying to get out of the restaurant business, but it isnt looking good. I've even applied for some really-big-girl-type jobs, using my first degree. But no good so far. I'll just keep looking, I suppose.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

aww congrats! Happy late anniversary! That's awesome that you were able to go and stay at the Anniversary Inn. I've heard that its a pretty cool place! Maybe one day I will get to see for myself :)
Sorry about your camera dying on you when you really wanted to take those pics.. and sorry about the job situation and especially the house thing.. I know how frustrating that is! Good luck with everything! :)

Stefanie D. said...

Hey Happy Birthday! And I swear you guys just got married...how crazy. Time flies. Good luck with the house hunting. :)

Kristin said...

House hunting is a tiresome and not so fun business most of the time. Don't worry, you'll find the house that's perfect for you when you're meant to. Theperfect job also.

Whitney said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you've been busy and having lots of fun. I hope you find a good job and a house turns up for you. It's so worth owning over renting. Good Luck!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday! I love that picture! I am sure you will be able to find a really great job that you like, sometimes it just takes a while.

Hali said...

Happy b-day, anniversary, and graduation. So fun for you characters. Sorry to hear about house hunting. Lame economy. And the job hunt. Also, lame economy. If I can help, hollar.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lynley, Just came across your blog from Stefanie's. Anyway, I am living in Holladay right now. There are a lot of nice places for sale around us that do say, "Price Reduced." Holladay is expensive, though.
We are actually still doing the rent thing, but it is only $500. so it is great.

Brittany said...

Congrats! And good luck with the whole house thing. That was exactly my problem. We ended up renting, but it sucks because its expensive...oh well