Friday, November 13, 2009

Hmmm...

Paul and Jael wish to see more posts from Levi and I. I 'pose we can give some little updates as to what is happening in our oh-so-boring lives.

First, I live for Fridays. I love not having to go to work on Saturdays. I feel as though I can accomplish everything in two days. But alas, I cannot. I fail, and epically so. Work is good; I really can't complain.

Ok, that's a bit of lie. My receptionist no longer works at the facility, so I have been covering a lot of things I didn't know how to do. Yes, I have expanded my administrative duties to new realms, but I'm not happy about it. It's making me fall short in my ACTUAL duties, and my boss is not impressed. Misfiling our restrictions and covenants of our main facility while we are trying to get grants and bids to do some renovations is not a good thing to have happen. I have the feeling I'm going to be worrying about this for the rest of the weekend...

Moving on.

Levi's car is officially totaled. That being said, Levi talked the insurance company into giving us way more money than the car is actually worth. His writing abilities are miraculous. The company is giving us almost $3k for his once totaled car. Now, we are in the process of purchasing one of these:


A 2008 Chevy Cobalt in silver. Yeah, its no coupe, but I'm getting old in Mormon years and have to start thinking of the children. Or child. Future, of course. Hopefully this car doesn't get destroyed on the vicious motorways winding through the Salt Lake Valley.

Lesse, what else?

Oh, our floors have been refinished. They look marvelous. We have the mount for the tv above the fireplace. It should be looking rad before the weekend is over.

Levi and I are no longer slaves to our credit cards. The government decided to take pity on us and actually give us the $8000 home buying tax credit, which we used to pay off all debts we have acquired in the last three months (and let me tell you, buying a house fills up a credit card quickly!) Fabulous feeling, I must say.

I'm trying to get graduated from this second bachelor's program in December. The tests are kicking my butt. I seem to be focusing on being a great employee and an attentive wife, and neglecting my studies, but can you blame me? I mean, seriously. This is my second bachelor's degree, after all. There is only so much schooling a woman can take before she wants to throw the $500 buckaroos worth of books into the recycling bin (that's right, I recycle now. What of it?)

On that same note, I am putting off grad school for one more year. It was a rough decision to make, but I feel like having a steady income and insurance for Levi and I is more important than me willy-nillying my way through yet ANOTHER educational program. No worries-- I'm still motivated to go. Having this extra time to study up on things and retake the GRE in hopes of being gifted a scholarship (which would make this whole education endeavor even MORE awesome)seems like the best plan. Some prayers came into play on this matter, and I feel this is the best decision. Not that any of you reading this really cares much.

Levi is handling law school like a champion. Not much else to say on the subject-- it has taken over his life. Sort of. He somehow still manages to download movies (like The Proposal, which I laughed my butt off over) and play video games AND snuggle with is wife. It's pretty awesome.

On a slightly wierder note, I discovered my ex-boyfriends blog of art this evening. He's gotten to be pretty amazing. You Nephi people probably remember Cliff Childs. I have a piece he drew for me hanging in our office (ok, some may say thats a little awkward...hanging artwork from an ex bf in the office where your husband spends most of his time, but Levi appreciates nice things....don't judge me.) You can ogle his art here. Click it. You know you are curious. I've provided a tantalizing taste of whats there. Hope Cliff doesn't mind.... (We haven't spoken in years, and we really didn't end on super awesome terms...unless you count that one time in St. George. Hehe..Rachael, remember?)



And that's about that. Oh, Miss Bacon is fascinated by small spaces and the kitchen sink. We talk about her like she's our child. I feel old.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

If you start feeling old it's all down hill from there! Thaks for the magnificent update! maybe soemtime soon i'll get down your way and be able to actually see you guys!

Chelsea said...

YEA FOR RECYCLING!!!!

it's funny that after that whole huge post, that's the first thing i think of to say...

you guys are awesome. i'm sorry that your job is stressing you out. it will get better! and it might be good for you to take a year off of school and decompress for a while before hitting it hard again. i think it's the right decision! i love you guys so much and wish i lived right next door.

i want a video tour of your house. please arrange that as soon as possible. thanks.

Brittany said...

I'm glad you guys are doing so well. Good luck with the whole GRE and school thing. That's what I'm trying to figure out myself. If you're ever in Nephi, give me a call :)

Hali said...

Oh Lilly-face... You're just full of good updates. Glad all is well. Totally approve, support the grad school decision. (You don't need either of the above, but moral of the story is I DO care.) Good luck with the job. And the new car. And the house. Aww. So grown up you are! Loves

Stefanie D. said...

Cats/Dogs, count as children. In my eyes anyway. :) We also had an encounter on the freeway, in which my car got totaled. We also had strangly awesome luck getting more money out of our car than it was worth as well! Coincidence? I think not. Yay for updates! Now if only I could be better with mine...

Jael said...

I WISH I could recycle in Cedar! It drives me crazy every time I throw out a can/jar/whatever.
Also, I feel honored to be mentioned in your post. It made me smile.
Also, I think Levi is awesome. I can't believe he talked the insurance company into giving you more money. That's sick.
Also, I think your cat is funny.
I think that's it.

Hali said...

What happened to these more consistent updates? Huh? Huh? Lilly... we need an update on life in Cazier land.

That's all :-)