Saturday, May 22, 2010

Summer

What stinks is Levi doesn't have a job yet.

What's good is it has given him time to chill from school.

What's also good is he has been helping around the house, which rocks my socks.

What's good is its getting warmer (albeit sometimes colder) but the warm means I get to wear capris to work.

What's bad is my school loans are coming due next month.

What's good is I am going to be taking a six-week belly dancing course, possibly with another law school wife.

What's good is our garden is already popping up!!

What's bad is we can't afford to plant any trees in our yard.

With the good comes the bad, and vice versa. I must say, I'm glad the good sticks around.

On another good note, our two year wedding anniversary is on the 7th. We will probably just go four-wheeling up the canyon or something. Also, I will be 24 on the 16th. I have always worked on my birthday, due to me being able to bring it up to patrons and them giving me bigger tips. This no longer works, seeing as how I have a steady paycheck. So this year, I am taking my birthday off. And there is a belly dancing class that night, so that rocks too.


Life is good.

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

i feel that way too. about everything. i want to take a bellydancing class!! with you!! keep it up, lynley, you can do it!

Powell said...

I love you!I think so many times we look at the bad and focus on it, so good for you.

Hali said...

How did I miss this update!?! Lame. So glad "life is good."

More posts, please :-)

Cliff Childs said...

Hey there, It makes me happy that you still have my art..could be worth something small one day lol. Sounds like you are doing quite well (I congratulate you, although I knew you would do just fine being very smart and talented as you are). I was trying to find past peoples out of curiosity and happened to find this blog. I am currently in L.A. working at Sony after graduating from Otis..just thought you might have wondered what I'm up to now. I have a wonderful girlfriend that I am planning on proposing to maybe next year when she finishes school. Well good luck with everything and maybe I'll talk to you sometime!

Hali said...

I miss your blog posts. That's all.

Hope you are well :-)

Jael said...

I want you too look at the date on this blog post. And then go "oooh, I suck so bad, I should blog today." And then actually do it.
Also, you should def come visit us!!! We are acquiring a futon this weekend. Not exactly four star accommodations, but better than the floor, and we would love to have you. :)