Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Thoughts

Levi is on the home stretch of year 1 of law school.


Insane.



I don't know where the year has gone. Maybe it was simply because we were doing everything all at once and the whirlwind actually forced the cosmos to rotate faster than it previously had.

Or maybe I just lost track of time.


I graduated again this year. I know everyone knows this, but it's still weird. It is also frustrating that with 2 bachelors degrees, I'm still not helping our robin-sized nest egg grow into a pterodactyl-sized nest egg. Sadly, due to the IRS hating us, the robin-sized nest egg has disappeared entirely, putting all home renovations on hold, as well as our dream of going to the Caribbean with Paul and Jael.

On the bright side, I'm working with an amazing population of people who never ceases to amaze me. So I guess by choosing between $ or making a difference, I chose the better thing.


Still makes my ulcer throb. I'm going to go take a Tums....

3 comments:

Stefanie D. said...

I know how you feel! We had the same thing happen to us last year. :( Fortunately the IRS smiled upon us for the 2009 tax year.

Jael said...

Lynley. That blows.
So hard.
I'm sorry, that seriously sucks. My heart is sad for you. :(

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

With all that going on, no kidding time has just flown right on by!
Feel better :)