Saturday, January 2, 2010

The New Year

...was spent in Koosharem, as is tradition. The gathering was much smaller than it has been in the past, but still great. Betsty, my awesome mom-in-law, whipped up some great chinese food. We all pigged out on the fortune cookies. Levi set off a ton of bottle rockets--always entertaining. This was the 6th year that I have known Levi and the 5th time spent at his parents house, and the tradition is to watch The Scarlet Pimpernel each New Years Eve. Finally, FINALLY, I focused enough to watch it.

How is it that Jane Seymour still looks exactly the same?!

It was bitter cold, had a good time, and thats that. I'm back to work on Monday, with a raise and benefits to boot, and life is good. Again, no pictures. Yeah, I know. I don't take them. Levi and I have our engagement pictures and thats about it. I'm off to make some broccoli cheddar soup.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Check back for a look back through the year (possibly with pictures!) tomorrow.

3 comments:

Hali said...

This is a good beginning... but I am on the edge of my seat, wanting more!

Saw your mama and papa at the mall tonight. So fun :-).

PS... thanks for the birthday wishes. We are old! (Well, you'll be there with us come summer.) Happy New Year, in the meantime. I'll be checking back tm :-)

Jael said...

first of all, I freaking LOVE the Scarlet Pimpernel. One of my favorite books of all time.
Secondly, Paul and I have discussed the possibility of perhaps going on a joint little vacation this summer, and I would like your thoughts on that. Perhaps San Diego? Rent a little vacation home, split gas, hit up Sea World or something, hang out. Think about that.
Also, I am still waiting for that update with pictures you promised.
Also, I have a big job! Yay.
Okay, I think that's all for now.

Hali said...

Lynley Ann.... It's time for you to blog again... I'm having withdrawals!!!

Hope you're well, my dear :-)